Receive Free Updates
- Criss Angel Walk Through Glass Revealed
- Criss Angel Luxor Light Levitation Revealed
- David Copperfield Laser Illusion Revealed
- David Copperfield Quick Change Revealed
- David Copperfield Orient Express Vanish Revealed
- Criss Angel Appearing Hummer Revealed
- Criss Angel Steamroller Illusion Revealed
- Criss Angel Crawl Out of a Storm Drain Revealed
- Criss Angel Vanishing Illusion Revealed
- David Blaine Frozen In Time Revealed
- Criss Angel - Walk On Water Revealed
- Criss Angel - Mindfreak
- Two Dollar Window Tutorial
- Centrifugal Coin Trick
- History Channel - In Search of: Houdini's Secret
- Devil's Colla Bottle Revealed
- Criss Angel Wall Walk Revealed
- Dresscode Revealed
- David Copperfield - Statue of Liberty Vanish Revealed
- Tarantula by Yigal Mesika Revealed
Page 4 of 4
He prepared himself by immersing in tubs of ice and attempting to acclimate himself to the cold temperatures. He was only wearing shorts and a pair of boots to protect himself and primitive ointment made for cold climates. He has been learning to sleep standing up, he has practiced 14-hour test in an ice-house in Nyack, New York (afterward, he sat in his car with the heat on full blast; six hours later he was still shivering), and he was also fasting for 4 days beforehand to prevent himself from going "number two".
The two inches of air that separate Blaine from the ice will prevent him from freezing to death, although he says matter-of-factly, "the doctors tell me that blood clot could form that could travel to my brain and kill me. If I fall asleep and my face rests against the ice, I could lose my skin or freeze my brain. If my core temperature drops below 87 degrees, my heart could stop." "Hunger I can deal with. When I was buried alive I didn't eat for 13 days!" he boasted.
57 minutes is the world record for lying down in an ice encasement. Blaine broke that record and set a new record for standing still in the ice (61 hours, 40 minutes, and 15 seconds).
Celebrities that commented on his stunt include Michael J. Fox, Kevin Spacy, Lenny Kravitz, and he performed a trick on The New York Knicks.