||Room 401 is a television series on MTV, executive produced by Ashton Kutcher and Jason Goldberg. It is named after the room Harry Houdini died in at Detroit's Grace Hospital in 1926.
Room 401 takes unaware victims into the center of mini horror movies that play out live. From the reanimation of the dead, to chain-saw mishaps, each episode contains four “scares” or pranks. The show is hosted by Jared Padalecki from the CW's Supernatural.
- Getting Crabby - Two women witness a man (played by comedic magician Justin Kredible) pull his chest apart and crabs come out.
- The Claw - A woman wants her friend to win her something from a claw machine, but the claw doesn't work, so a maintenance man (played by magician/actor Rob Zabrecky) sticks his hand through the glass and pulls out a rat.
- He Sees Dead People - Two crime scene cleaners go to a crime scene and one of the men witness the dead man's spirit (played by magician David Minkin) sitting up from his body.
- Lend A Hand - Two men go to work at a meat factory and one of the men witnesses his co-worker lose his hand in a fryer then it's right back on.
- Ice Carving - An accident with a chainsaw operator (played by magician/actor Rob Zabrecky) leaves an ice sculptor alive, but in two pieces.
- Jar Head - While cleaning a warehouse two guys find a mysterious head preserved in a jar that blinks and talks (played by magician/actor Rob Zabrecky).
- He Gone ! - A taxi driver flies away after getting stopped by the cops.
- Lose Your Head - A guy on the bus (played by Japanese street illusionist Cyril Takayama) is barely able to hold onto his head.
- Beauty Is Only Skin Deep - A young woman is pushed underneath the waters of a hottub and emerges elderly.
- Return To Sender - A man in a diaper comes out of a small, strange box on a worker's first night on the job.
- Fasten Your Seatbelts - A man is pulled through an airplane turbine in front of a woman's eyes, and then comes up to her two minutes later, completely unharmed.
- Scrubbing In - A man has poisonous fish and another (played by magician David Minkin) goes through his stomach and pulls out the fish.
- Out For Blood - This blood bank worker watches in horror as a man doesn't have the time to wait for a nurse to draw his blood.
- Just A Trim - One woman finds a new reason to stay away from hair driers.
- Move to the Back of the Bus - A delivery man magically survives getting slammed by an oncoming bus.
- Current Events - An ominous article in the newspaper leaves two girls scared out of their minds.
- Spare Some Change? - A cab full of friends has a run in with the most aggressive beggar ever.
- Bump in the Night - A group of night hikers comes across a mysterious, crying girl.
- Pull It Through - Plumbers hate using a snake to unclog drains. This plumber really hates it.
- Crazy Laundry - A mental health inmate takes his cues from the movies and escapes in a laundry bin.
- Cupid's Arrow - crossbow range really isn't the best place for a first date.
- Hand-full - meat-packer learns his lesson about wearing jewelry around giant food processors.
- Cracked Mirror - When cleaning out a dead person's apartment, don't look in the mirrors.
- The Fake I.D . - This girl's I.D. gets cut up, but it's nothing that a little rubbing can't take of.
- Good Cop, Bad Donut - You can usually find a cop eating donuts, you don't usually see a cop coughing them back up.
- The Miracle Worker - Some people can do amazing things when others are in distress. Like walking on water...
- Don't Fall Apart - Liquid nitrogen freezes pretty much anything it touches instantly, even people.
- Very Bad Things - While setting up for a bachelor party some guys think they might have killed the stripper.
The Story Flashing through Opening Credits
First Set As the aging illusionist took the stage for what would be his last performance, he knew he was too sick to go on
Second Set The audience had no idea the man in front of them who had spent a lifetime faking his own death, was now actually in the throes of death...
Third Set As the curtain fell on his final illusion, he was rushed to Detroit's Grace Hospital... it would be the first time in his career that he didn't return for an encore.
Fourth Set Four days later, in room 401, he was pronounced dead.
Fifth set And with his passing a lifetime's worth of illusions vanished, forever locked away in room 401.
Final set Until now
The show was co-created by Rico de la Vega and Chris Gongora of Magic X. They previously produced the network television special "T.H.E.M. - Totally Hidden Extreme Magic" which also used the concept of magic with hidden cameras. Rico and Chris along with fellow Magic X members Cyril Takayama, Justin "Kredible", and Rico's sister Lisa are featured in the show.
Mark Cirillo, R.J.Cantu, Oscar Torres, Lou Volpe, Arnaud Collery, Lisa De La Vega, Rico De La Vega, Chris Gongora, Michael Grasso, Derek Hughes, David Mankin, Ambria Miscia, Thomas Nealeigh, Rebecca Ocampo, Robert Lyon Rasner, Amro Salama, Cathy Shim, Michael Stellman, Cyril Takayama , Shirley To, Dawson Van Pelt, Luke Van Pelt, Justin "Kredible" Willman, Rob Zabrecky, Daniel Zacapa
Room 401 On MTV.com
Harry Houdini's Death
Room 401 ARG Site
Magic X's Official Myspace